Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WHOSE YOUR ROLE MODEL??

(IMAGE TAKEN FROM FLICKR)
Celebrities out there are definitely role models to many children and fans. Although they are not always good role models, they seem to drag fans in on their latest scandal. One celebrity that I believe is a good role model is John Cena, who is a wrestler for WWE. In an interview with Wrestling Inc, John Cena states that steroid use is wrong and the users should be sent to jail. My little brother is a huge John Cena fan and I believe that it is good that he hears this coming from someone who looked up to him, since he looked up to A-Rod as well and as you read in my previous blog A-Rod says his steroid use was just being young and stupid. Therefore, I am glad that John Cena is a great role model.

People don’t see that celebrity role models do change kid’s perspectives on things and socially this is an issue we have to adjust. If a child sees his role model using steroids, he might grow up to use steroids as well. People need to see how important celebrities can affect our lives.

A single mother blogs about how John Cena has also helped her son. In her blog called,
Celebrity Role Models, she explains how she believes John Cena is an excellent role model for her son. She states, “There aren’t many great celebrity role models that I want my son admiring. However, of the handful I can count to be good role models, John Cena would top the list. He is probably one of the best role models I have seen in years. He is such a hard worker, and in every way you look at it...he fits the name perfectly.” I believe this is advancement in our society because who knew all these celebrities would be so bad for children everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment